Update: Santa Rosa County Commissioners have decided to put the resolution on the general election ballot in November.
SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Pro-choice advocates are expected to gather this morning at the Santa Rosa County Commissioners’ office as county officials consider creating a pro-life resolution. That measure is called the Sanctuary of Life resolution. It states that all human life from the womb to natural death should be protected by local government. If passed, Santa Rosa County would be considered a sanctuary for those who consider themselves pro-life.
According to a Facebook post from the Santa Rosa County Democrats, the group is urging all pro-choice advocates to attend this morning’s meeting. It’s set for 9 a.m. at the Tiger Point Community Center in Gulf Breeze.
- Lake View mayor to resign after pleading guilty to violating ethics law
- FBI investigates after Air Force helicopter shot in Virginia
- Prosecutors charge 3 with threatening women in R. Kelly case
- Keeping streets clean at Sturgis Rally 2020
- Mobile selected as potential location for dismantlement of retired aircraft carrier Enterprise