(CNN) – President Donald Trump’s scheduled trip to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta has been canceled, according to the White House’s schedule.
The trip was set to take place on Friday afternoon. There is no word yet on what led to the change in plans.
The World Health Organization declared the coronavirus a global health emergency on Jan. 30.
Since then, numerous public events and major conferences were canceled.
There are now more than 97,000 confirmed cases globally. More than 3,300 people have died from the disease.
- Lovely Today; Tropical Storm Zeta Impacts Mid-Week
- BREAKING: Early morning shooting reported in Prichard
- Expert: France has “lost control” of the virus
- Baldwin County Landmark District supporters hold meeting Monday
- 2 juvenile girls in stolen truck lead troopers on chase ending near Argo