MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (8/6/20 3:52 P.M.): Mobile Police have released the following information about a crash that ended after a police chase on Water Street.
On Wednesday, August 5, at about 9:34 p.m., police saw a woman in a tan-colored vehicle parked in the parking lot at Cooper Riverside Park, 101 South Water St. Officers approached the vehicle and saw drug paraphernalia in plain view. When the woman saw police near her vehicle, she drove off and a pursuit began. The short pursuit ended with the woman driving through a fence and losing control of her vehicle before coming to rest in the wet marsh at I-165 and Water Street. A vehicle search was conducted and officers found marijuana and a crack pipe inside. The subject complained of head pain and was transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. Warrants are forthcoming.
A woman crashed a car into a marsh at Water and Beauregard streets after a short police chase.
The chase started at Government and Water streets. Mobile police say a woman was behaving suspiciously and refused to pull over.
MPD says the woman was not injured and is now in custody.
- Labor Day holiday has yet to lead to virus surge in Alabama
- Late-stage study of first single-shot vaccine begins in US
- Government executes former soldier obsessed with witchcraft
- Sea turtle nest on Dauphin Island survives Hurricane Sally
- No more Uncle Ben’s, Mars reveals new name for rice brand