DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) — UPDATE (3:40 p.m. 7/10/20): The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office has identified a bicyclist who was killed in a late night hit and run Thursday.
35-year-old David Raphael Abrahams was struck by two vehicles on Highway 98 in Destin at about midnight.
The driver of the first car to hit Abrahams then lost control of the car and hit a tree. He suffered serious injuries and is being treated at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. A passenger in his car suffered non-incapacitating injuries.
A second car also struck the victim.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office has an active investigation into the accident and additional
details will be released later.
Deputies with the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office are looking for a suspect following a fatal crash in Destin. It happened Thursday, just before midnight at the intersection of Harbor Boulevard and Beach Drive. The victim was riding a bicycle. Two others were injured when the car struck a tree. The intersection was closed overnight for six hours while deputies investigated. If you have any information involving the crash, please call the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office at 850-651-7400. You can also send a tip at EmeraldCoastCrimestoppers.com
- Baldwin County real estate numbers up despite pandemic
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Josephine forms, earliest ‘J’ storm on record in Atlantic
- Mobile Police investigate shooting off Government St.
- Santa Rosa County School District lays off more than 80 teachers
- Cities with the most successful female entrepreneurs