PASCAGOULA, Miss. (AP) – Authorities said a Mississippi man was fatally shot by police after he came toward officers with a knife. Pascagoula Police Chief Matt Chapman told WLOX-TV that officers were responding to a call regarding a suicidal person around 8:15 p.m. Wednesday. Chapman said a man was armed with a knife and officers tried to de-escalate the situation, but the man refused to listen. The man began to approach the officers and one of them shot him. The man was pronounced dead at the scene. Details regarding the incident and the man’s name weren’t immediately released.
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin dismissed in George Floyd death
- Ghislaine Maxwell denied inappropriate action by Jeffrey Epstein in newly released 2016 deposition
- COVID-19 cases surge 30% nationwide: Where does your state stand?