MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — A man who was running from deputies was killed after he crashed his car and was hit by an 18-wheeler as he ran across the interstate.
It happened on I-10 westbound at about 5:45 p.m. Sunday at McDonald Road Exit.
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office says a deputy tried to pull over the driver for speeding and not having headlights on. The driver ran from deputies and lost control of his car and crashed into the ditch on the wide of I-10 WB. After the crash, he got out of the car and ran across I-10 EB, where he was struck and killed by an 18-wheeler.
Traffic has been backed up and is being diverted off I-10 EB onto McDonald Road as deputies investigate.
- Fund to save Space Camp reaches $1.5 million goal
- Baldwin County Public Schools Superintendent Eddie Tyler issues statement on student’s killed in car crash
- Drier air aloft will keep rain chances low through the rest of the week
- North Myrtle Beach sea turtle patrol finds more than 100 dead hatchlings after hurricane
- Sun Belt Conference announces football season beginning Labor Day weekend