MANILA, Philippines (AP) – Philippine officials say President Rodrigo Duterte is being tested for the new virus after meeting with Cabinet officials who were exposed to infected people. They say Duterte has no symptoms but wants to make sure he is healthy and can continue to engage with the public. At least five Cabinet members have self-quarantined after being exposed to virus patients. Officials say part of the presidential palace will be disinfected. Duterte is to lead an inter-agency task force on the outbreak on Thursday and then announce possible new steps to fight the disease.
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- USA Health reports COVID-19 testing up 20 percent since Thanksgiving
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video
- Small businesses banking on shoppers this holiday season more than ever