(AP) — Pfizer announced more results in its ongoing coronavirus vaccine study that suggest the shots are 95% effective. The company also said that the vaccine appears to protect older people most at risk of dying from COVID-19. The surprise announcement, just a week after it first revealed promising preliminary results, comes as the company is preparing within days to formally ask U.S. regulators to allow emergency use of the vaccine. With Wednesday’s announcement, the company now has accumulated 170 infections in the study and 162 of those were in volunteers who got a dummy shot.
- Lamar goes on shopping spree with WKRG’s Magical Christmas Toy Drive
- VIDEO: Police chase starting in Mississippi ends on I-65 in Mobile
- ‘Believe in miracles’: 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support
- Texas school district removes football team from playoffs after player attacks referee
- Baldwin County communities continue with holiday celebrations while others scale back