BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) – Police in Alabama said a person was found shot to death inside a vehicle on Interstate 65. Birmingham police responded to a reported traffic accident around 1 a.m. Monday. Police Sgt. Rod Mauldin said officers found the victim on the northbound side of I-65 unresponsive and suffering from a gunshot. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Mauldin said police believe the victim may have been targeted. The victim’s identification wasn’t immediately released. Mauldin said anyone with information should contact the police.
- DOJ labels NYC, Seattle, Portland as cities ‘permitting violence,’ weighs pulling federal funds
- Make-A-Wish surprises 4-year-old cancer survivor with puppy
- Missouri 18-year-old finds fossilized mastodon tooth in river
- Hurricane Sally reveals ship that was submerged for decades
- Man accused of trying to kidnap 2-year-old from car backing out of California parking spot