BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) – Police in Alabama said a person was found shot to death inside a vehicle on Interstate 65. Birmingham police responded to a reported traffic accident around 1 a.m. Monday. Police Sgt. Rod Mauldin said officers found the victim on the northbound side of I-65 unresponsive and suffering from a gunshot. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Mauldin said police believe the victim may have been targeted. The victim’s identification wasn’t immediately released. Mauldin said anyone with information should contact the police.
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- Alabama lawmakers write letter on COVID-19 distribution problems
- With Mobile County hospitals overcapacity, health officials hope to see COVID-19 decline
- Montgomery homicide suspect arrested in Escambia County, Fla.
- MPD: Man awakens to strange woman drinking soda, holding bag of pepperoni in his bedroom