OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A 23-year-old man accused of traveling from Alabama to meet a minor for sex has been arrested.
John Mason Collins of Pace was charged with attempting to produce child pornography and traveling to meet a minor for sex, according to an Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office media release.
“Between December 17th and January 8th, investigators obtained evidence against Collins for soliciting a minor for sexual encounters and sexual images,” the news release said. “Collins was taken into custody when he showed up to meet with the teen.”
The case was investigated by the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Cyber Crimes Unit. Collins was also charged with using a computer to solicit a minor, carrying a concealed weapon (handgun), and using a two-way communication device to commit a felony.
- Alabama last voted on gambling in 1999. Will voters get another chance in 2021?
- “I have no idea what to expect.” Downtown Mobile businesses hope for sales as Senior Bowl week starts slowly
- Senior Bowl Director: team name changes done to avoid “insensitive” imagery
- Mayor: Fate of spring festivals, events depends on COVID-19 numbers
- Biden restricts travel from 26 European countries