ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) — A man who escaped from a rehab facility in Mississippi is back in custody.
Police spotted Destry Wayne Roach in Orange Beach today. They say he tried to run away but was captured.
In December 2018, Roach was sent to the rehab facility as part of his sentence for leaving the scene of an accident in Orange Beach. However, authorities say he removed his ankle monitor and escaped.
“We are thankful that Roach is back in custody and no one was injured as result of his arrest,” said Lt. Carl Bradley of the Orange Beach Police Department.
Roach is now facing a new charge of escape third-degree.
- FHP: Man dies after being struck by pick-up truck on Pine Forest Road
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment
- President Joe Biden releases statement on authorization of COVID-19 vaccine
- Motorcyclist leads California Highway Patrol on chase reaching speeds of 120 mph
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine