ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) — A man who escaped from a rehab facility in Mississippi is back in custody.
Police spotted Destry Wayne Roach in Orange Beach today. They say he tried to run away but was captured.
In December 2018, Roach was sent to the rehab facility as part of his sentence for leaving the scene of an accident in Orange Beach. However, authorities say he removed his ankle monitor and escaped.
“We are thankful that Roach is back in custody and no one was injured as result of his arrest,” said Lt. Carl Bradley of the Orange Beach Police Department.
Roach is now facing a new charge of escape third-degree.
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Caught on camera: Arizona border agents expel 14 migrants into desolate desert town in Mexico
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Here’s how Hunter Biden became a campaign issue
- Juarez sets 15-day overnight lockdown after massive coronavirus spike