UPDATE 10/12/19 9:45 AM: A spokesman for the Shrimp Festival says weather has delayed the start of the festival for Saturday. Rain, as well as lightning strikes, has pushed back the opening from 10 am to possibly noon. They have to check to see if the lighting caused any damage to electrical hardware at the festival.
An exact opening of the festival has not been determined. Keep an eye on their Facebook page.
ORIGINAL STORY: GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) – Opening day of the National Shrimp Festival was a surprise for vendors.
Such a great crowd here a lot of festivities going on we just love it here,” said Tina Farris of Tuscaloosa.
Gates opened at 10 a.m. Thursday morning and vendors were already excited to see the turnout.
“We’re selling a custom-fitted toe ring, rings that we size right to the toe. They don’t pinch turn or fall off,” said Jonathon Kerr of Kentucky. It’s his 7th year to attend the festival as a vendor.
The 48th Annual National Shrimp Festival is held at the end of Highway 59 in Gulf Shores each year. The festival runs through the weekend.
- Pensacola Humane Society to host huge tent sale
- Fugitive UConn student suspected in 2 murders is arrested in Maryland
- Turtle smashes through Savannah driver’s windshield on highway
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter
- Homeless man accused of attacking, killing 94-year-old man in San Francisco