UPDATE (12/02 1:11 PM) — The victim of a head-on collision involving a cement truck in Foley was identified as 79-year-old William D. Sparks say Alabama troopers.
Trooper say Sparks was driving a 2011 Ford Escape and was pronounced deceased on the scene.
There is no further information at this time.
FOLEY, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (11/30 4:42 PM): A man was killed in a head-on collision with a cement truck on Baldwin County Road 24 near Live Oak Boulevard Monday morning.
Alabama troopers say the Marquis Jermaine Johnson, 27, of Mobile was injured when the 2017 Kenworth cement truck he was driving collided head-on with a Ford passenger vehicle. The driver of the passenger vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene, but identification is being withheld pending next-of-kin notification.
Johnson was airlifted to a local hospital after sustaining serious injury. Nothing further is available as Troopers with the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s (ALEA) Highway Patrol Division continue to investigate.
One person has died following an early morning crash in Foley. It happened near the intersection of Underwood Road and Shoots Lane. We aren’t sure how many cars were involved. A section of the road is closed off as state troopers investigate.
- Republican Debate: Streaming coverage from the spin room
- Conservatives urge GOP to dig in on border talks
- Mobile man convicted for assaulting disabled woman
- Former Olympian sentenced for crashing plane in YouTube publicity stunt
- Rep. Anthony Daniels on impact of having Republican Presidential Primary Debate in Tuscaloosa