PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The former Oklahoma police officer accused of killing his boss during a conference in Pensacola has officially been charged with second-degree murder. Police say Michael Nealey killed Mannford Police Chief Lucky Miller last month while staying at the Hilton Inn on Pensacola Beach.
Nealey made a court appearance this morning. During the hearing, Nealey was charged with second-degree murder. He pleaded not guilty. Nealey will be represented by a public defender. The trial is expected to start on February 24, 2020. You can read more information about the case here.
- Sheriff’s office provides advice as crashes in Sturgis climb
- Sturgis Rally: 258 drug arrests, 100 DUIs and 77 crashes through 6 a.m. Thursday
- FHP: Biker killed when a car pulls out in front of a motorcycle
- Pensacola couple adjusting to ‘new reality’ after teacher layoffs in Santa Rosa County
- Back to school: Dept. of Defense outlines plan for military schools to reopen