MARY ESTHER, Fla. (WKRG) — The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the fatal shooting of a Mary Esther man. Investigators say it happened Sunday night on Kimbrough Road.
The sheriff’s office says 52-year-old George Michael Stefan was shot following an argument with another man. He later died at the Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
The sheriff’s office says a person who had been detained claimed the shooting was in self-defense. That person has since been questioned and released at this time.
The investigation continues.
- Man who allegedly shot 5-year-old boy in Mobile arraigned on four counts of attempted murder, prelim set
- Claimed value of sleepy NY estate could haunt Trump
- Allergies or COVID-19? How to tell the difference
- Drone video shows swarm of blacktip sharks off Florida coast
- Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board launches mobile app