MARY ESTHER, Fla. (WKRG) — The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the fatal shooting of a Mary Esther man. Investigators say it happened Sunday night on Kimbrough Road.
The sheriff’s office says 52-year-old George Michael Stefan was shot following an argument with another man. He later died at the Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
The sheriff’s office says a person who had been detained claimed the shooting was in self-defense. That person has since been questioned and released at this time.
The investigation continues.
- St. Paul’s beats Pleasant Grove to win 5A State Championship
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- USA Health reports COVID-19 testing up 20 percent since Thanksgiving
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video