MILTON, Fla. (WKRG) — UPDATE (9:23 p.m. 8/11/20): Lightning sparked the fire at an abandoned house around 6 p.m. on Munson Highway just south of Will Sexton Road. It burned to the house to the ground. No one was inside. Someone passing by saw fire and smoke and called 911. Several fire departments responded along with Florida Forest Service.
A house on Munson Highway caught fire after being struck by lightning, according to a Santa Rosa County public information officer.
The official said the house is fully involved.
According to the National Weather Service in Mobile/Pensacola, the report came in at 6:13 p.m. Santa Rosa County 911 reported the incident.
WKRG News 5 is working to gather more details.
- Labor Day holiday has yet to lead to virus surge in Alabama
- Late-stage study of first single-shot vaccine begins in US
- Government executes former soldier obsessed with witchcraft
- Sea turtle nest on Dauphin Island survives Hurricane Sally
- No more Uncle Ben’s, Mars reveals new name for rice brand