You don’t have to be a sommelier to enjoy a glass of vino, in fact, there was a time when wine was more widely consumed than water.
Tuesday is National Drink Wine Day! Celebrated every year on February 18, it’s a day to select your favorite wine and enjoy.
According to nationaltoday.com, the idea is to promote the love and health benefits of wine.
Fermented grapes have been a part of human existence for thousands of years and have played an important role in history, religion, and relationships.
Wine has also been known to reduce the risk of type II diabetes, heart attack, stroke, certain kinds of cancers, and liver disease and even enhance food and life, in moderation of course.
Get out the corkscrews, let the wine flow, and reflect on this healthy, historical beverage.
- Don’t come home for Easter, Mexican government tells its citizens abroad
- MCHD: 0-4 year old child tests positive for COVID-19
- University of Arkansas virtual choir’s singing of ‘Alma Mater’ goes viral
- Costco to give health care workers, first responders priority access to stores during coronavirus crisis
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies