MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A guy in Mobile County allegedly took advantage of a pandemic closure not only for shelter but also food.
MPD officers say they found 33-year-old Raif Mitchell lying down in one of the theaters at the AMC on Schillinger Road in West Mobile.
They found him Tuesday morning but say he had been inside the movie theater for days.
Investigators say Mitchell ate several bags of theater snacks and also drank several bottled beverages.
Mitchell was charged with burglary third-degree.
The movie theater remains temporarily closed amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Passenger suffers medical issues onboard Carnival Glory, medevacked to University Hospital
- Louisiana man cited for illegal possession of snakes
- ‘I can’t believe it’: Viral Burger King worker receives more than $200K from GoFundMe
- 5-year-old flown to a hospital after being burned by boiling water
- Florence man charged with first-degree sodomy, accused of asking teen to stay quiet