MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A suspected drunk driver tried to get away from police but crashed into a telephone pole, according to Mobile Police.
Officers were called to a home on Dunbar Street Monday night to investigate a domestic violence call.
The suspect, identified as 59-year-old David Myatt, took off and led officers on a pursuit, police said.
MPD said Myatt crashed into a telephone pole at Lafayette Street and Congress Street. Police said he had a stolen gun on him.
Myatt was charged with DUI, attempting to elude, and receiving stolen property.
- PHOTOS: Flying squirrel trafficking ring busted by Florida wildlife officials
- Stream and scream! Here are the horror movies you can watch right now
- BIKER DAD: Rep. Matt Gaetz’s communication director injured in motorcycle crash
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate