FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – A lawyer says the mother of a Texas woman fatally shot by a police officer has died in the house where her daughter was killed.
Attorney Lee Merritt says Yolanda Carr passed away Thursday morning in her Fort Worth home. A city police officer shot Atatiana Jefferson in the house in October.
The cause of Carr’s death is not yet known. Merritt says she’s been getting treatment for congestive heart failure. He says the family has been “reeling from one tragedy to the next.”
Aaron Dean resigned from the police department following the shooting and was charged with murder.
- House passes sweeping voting rights bill over GOP opposition
- Anti-union Amazon workers share concerns over upcoming vote
- Third stimulus check: Some Senate Dems call for automatic payments
- A tale of two states: People react to mask mandate changes
- Texas grid operator CEO will be terminated after mass blackouts during winter storm