(CBS-WKRG) — The NFL Network reports San Francisco is re-signing safety Jimmie Ward to a three-year, $28.5 million contract.
The Mobile native was drafted 30th overall by the Niners in 2014. The 28-year-old Ward has struggled with injuries for his entire six-year NFL career, only once playing all 16 games in a season.
But he had somewhat of a breakout 2019 campaign during San Francisco’s run to Super Bowl LIV, logging a career-high 65 tackles in 13 starts and playing a significant role in the 49ers’ secondary throughout the postseason. With a new annual salary of $9.5 million per season, he’ll be paid like one of the top 15 safeties in the league.
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – April 3, 2020
- US extends $350B lifeline to small businesses
- The Flash Actor Logan Williams Dies at 16
- Coronavirus isolation raises mental health concerns for lawmakers and organizations
- How to make a homemade face mask, with or without sewing