MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Mobile Police detained one man at a small gathering in front of the former location of the Admiral Semmes statue in downtown.
The base of the statue was written on with sidewalk chart with a quote ” Black Trans Lives matter.” There is no word on an arrest or charges filed for this incident.
According to group organizers, the gathering was approved by the City of Mobile for 3:00 pm-7:00 pm on June 23.
WKRG is working to get more information.
- Florida lifting COVID-19 restrictions leaves Alabama residents wanting the same
- Mexican president plans to unveil anti-poverty program in Juarez
- Alabama superintendent drawing $15K monthly salary on leave
- NYT report indicates Trump paid Ivanka $747,622 in consulting fees, then deducted them from taxes
- Police: Drunk driver slammed into Texas bikers, injuring two