MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile Fire-Rescue joins in aiding Ava Smith, a local 11-year-old who is currently fighting a battle against Spindle Cell Sarcoma — a rare, aggressive form of cancer.
Thanks to the help of Mardi Gras Krewes, Ava will be riding in the Joe Cain Parade in downtown Mobile, and she’s asking for the donations of throws so that her Joe Cain Day experience is one to remember.
Donations can be delivered to Fire Station 26 at the Mobile Municipal Complex at 8080 Airport Blvd during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Donations will be received through Saturday, Feb. 22.
- Fraud Fighters: Contact tracing scams
- Faith Time: the pandemic’s impact on Christian education
- Beautiful start, Isolated strong thunderstorms possible this afternoon
- Mobile Archbishop to join Sunday services at Foley church where priest was hospitalized for COVID treatment
- Church in Robertsdale moves to online-only services again amid virus concerns