MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – UPDATE (4:50 p.m. 6/24/20): Two people were shot during a robbery at Azalea Pointe Apartments Tuesday night.
Police sent out the following information:
On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at approximately 9:50 p.m., the victims stated they went to Azalea Pointe Apartments, 651 Azalea Road, to visit a female. After leaving, two unknown males approached one of the victims from the breezeway and one of them produced a handgun and robbed the victim. When the victim attempted to flee, shots were fired. During the shooting, two victims were struck while running away and suffered non-life threatening injuries. Both suspects fled before police arrived. One of the bullets also struck a vehicle.
Mobile Police are investigating a shooting that happened Tuesday night at Azalea Pointe Apartments.
It happened a little after 10 p.m. Mobile Police say two people were shot after two men attempted to rob one of the victims. Police say the two victims were visiting a female when the two men approached one of them from a breezeway, threatening with a gun to rob them. When the victim attempted to run away, police say shots were fired, hitting two people. One of the bullets also hit a vehicle.
Police say both suspects fled before police arrived.
- WKRG News 5 Investigates: University of South Alabama professors under scrutiny after “racially insensitive” photos resurface
- 9-year-old dead after car accident in Okaloosa County
- Spanish Fort Advances to 6A Boys Championship game.
- Man arrested after shooting at Mudbugs bar
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing