MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Mobile County Health Department has reported 390 new coronavirus cases from Thursday. Dr. Rendi Murphree with MCHD says that number was an error and the actually number is in the 260s. Dr. Murphree saying it was “due to a processing error of lab results.”
It’s still the largest single-day increase since the pandemic began. 1,135 cases were reported within the last week.
She also noted 190 hospitalizations today, but they are expecting that number to more than double by September.
- Gov. Ivey issues apology to 16th Street Baptist Church bombing survivor
- Mobile Public Library locations reopening for ‘In and Out’ services
- Fairhope business man arrested on additional child abuse charges
- Republicans optimistic about president’s pick for Supreme Court; Democrats worry for ACA
- Proud Boys member Alan Swinney arrested on 12 charges