JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – During a news conference on Tuesday, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said there were 31 COVID-19 outbreaks at Mississippi schools during the week of August 17-21.
According to Dobbs, 142 teachers tested positive for the virus, and 292 students tested positive for COVID-91.
Dobbs also said 584 teachers and 3,913 students have been quarantined.
If the live stream does not work, click here to watch the governor’s news conference.
- Cooler air sliding into the region, Temps running well below normal
- Woman charged with DUI manslaughter for deadly head-on crash
- Floridians react to the lifting of state coronavirus restrictions
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal