PASCAGOULA, Miss. (WKRG) — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality has lifted a beach water contact advisory for station 19 in Pascagoula. The water is now safe for swimmers. As of right now, there are no advisories across the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Officials say that swimmers should still avoid the water after heavy rainfall in the area. You can check the quality online here.
- Home destroyed in Wednesday morning house fire near Mount Vernon
- Body found in Plateau Community in Mobile
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- 18-wheeler crash on I-65 in Saraland diverts traffic
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020