The State of Mississippi announces dates for the 2020 commercial shark season in state waters:
BILOXI, Miss. – The 2020 commercial shark season will open Monday, Feb. 10, at 12:01 a.m. local time. This opening applies to Mississippi territorial waters only.
Mississippi residential commercial fishermen who wish to participate must possess a fishing boat or a hook and line commercial fishing license, along with a Commercial Shark Endorsement, which can be obtained at the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) located at 1141 Bayview Ave. in Biloxi.
Prior to purchasing an endorsement, applicants must attend an identification and safe handling workshop, the first of which is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 6, at MDMR at 10 a.m. The fee for the Commercial Shark Endorsement will be $10.
If interested in obtaining a commercial shark endorsement, please contact Jonathan Barr at 228-523-4051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources is dedicated to enhancing, protecting and conserving marine interests of the state by managing all marine life, public trust wetlands, adjacent uplands and waterfront areas to provide for the optimal commercial, recreational, educational and economic uses of these resources consistent with environmental concerns and social changes. Visit the DMR online at dmr.ms.gov.
- Man accused of raping 11-year-old arrested after leaving pregnant victim at ER, sheriff’s office says
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it
- Warm and more humid evening, Storm chances rising by Friday
- CDC redefines COVID-19 close contact, adds brief encounters