MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — An official with the Mobile County Public School System has issued a statement after several concerned parents reached out to News 5. According to a spokesperson for MCPSS, several inappropriate posts were made by students on social media regarding a fight. School leaders have followed procedures and policies regarding the posts. The school district has also been working with the Mobile Police Department. There will be added security at Hankins Middle School today. The school is operating on a normal schedule and officers say it is safe for students to attend.
- More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests
- Drew Brees apologizes for flag comments: ‘We all need to listen’
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 4, 2020
- Moving from outrage to creativity: Oklahoma musicians,producers write songs to fight racial injustice
- Arkansas man delivers donuts to officers during protests