GROVE HILL, Alabama. (WKRG) – A man arrived at Grove Hill Hospital Monday night with a gunshot wound. Few details have been released as of yet, but we’re told the man arrived after 10 p.m. seeking medical treatment.
PRESS RELEASE FROM GROVE HILL POLICE:
Grove Hill Police Department was dispatched to Grove Hill Memorial Hospital during the evening hours of November 18, 2019 for a reported Gun Shot Wound (GSW) victim being brought to the Emergency Room. GHPD and its Investigator responded and questioned 43-year-old Christy Rae Alford, who brought the Victim, 32-year-old Caleb Lee Wells, to Grove Hill Memorial by personal vehicle. Wells was shot by 30-year-old Thomas Dean Dumas, Jr., at Dumas’ residence according to Alford. This case is still under investigation by GHPD.
Daniel F. Gibson, Jr.
Chief of Police
Grove Hill Police Department
- Marshall University to remove the name of a building named after Confederate Army general
- Local independent music venues join push for federal aid amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Father killed in drive-by shooting while walking with 6-year-old daughter in New York
- Gov. Ivey awards $18.27 million for coronavirus testing in Alabama nursing homes
- Birmingham Zoo closed on Mondays, Tuesdays