PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A man accused of killing his cellmate at the Santa Rosa Correctional Institution was sentenced to death Friday, the state attorney’s office announced Monday.
Bill Eddins, State Attorney for the First Judicial Circuit of Florida, announced Rocky Ali Beamon was sentenced to death by Judge Darlene Dickey on the charge of first-degree murder.
The state says Beamon killed his cellmate, Nicholas Anderson, on January 22, 2017. Beamon bound Anderson, strangled him in their cell, and used a homemade weapon to cut his neck.
The state attorney’s office says Beamon was already serving a life sentence for a 2005 Hillsborough County murder case.
Earlier this year, Beamon was also sentenced to death for the 2012 killing of another inmate at the Appalachian Correctional Institute in Jackson County, Florida.
- BREAKING: All clear after chlorine leak at Olin Chemical in McIntosh
- Fla Dem chief likes Harris selection
- Showers wind down tonight, Elevated rain chances for the rest of the week
- Questions about mayor’s harassment charges not allowed at forum, no one brings it up
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August