PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A Pensacola man was arrested Sunday after investigators say he hit and killed a man with a boat while boating under the influence.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is investigating the fatal boating accident.
FWC says Walker James O’Connor, 26, was driving an 18-foot Four Winns boat in Bayou Texar in Pensacola at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday when he hit 25-year-old Brandon Harmon. Harmon was in the water after wakeboarding and was waiting to be picked up.
Harmon died on the scene, according to FWC.
O’Connor failed several sobriety tests, an FWC arrest report said. He was booked into the Escambia County jail at about 2:45 a.m. He was released about eight hours later after posting $1,000 bail.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Run the GO Run and help raise money for local GYN cancer research
- Behind the scenes with Baldwin County EMA as Hurricane Sally recovery efforts continue
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Woman says cemetery owners refuse to remove tree, told her to drive over graves