GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) – South Carolina authorities said a Georgia man was arrested and accused of fatally shooting two people in a club. Jarquez Kezavion Cooper, of Athens, Georgia, was charged Tuesday with several counts of murder and attempted murder. Cooper was being held at a Georgia jail. The Greenville County Sheriff’s office said Cooper was involved in the Sunday shooting at Lavish Lounge that left 23-year-old Mykala Bell and a 51-year-old security guard Clarence Sterling Johnson dead. Authorities said about 200 people were at the club to see rapper Foogiano. Authorities said there were at least two shooters. Three other men in the Atlanta area with ties to Foogiano were being sought for questioning.
- Bars and nightclubs in Tijuana demand permission to reopen
- Report: More women and Americans becoming crime victims in Mexico
- Alabama League of Municipalities call for changes to monuments law
- Twin YouTube stars charged after Uber driver held at gunpoint during fake bank robbery
- Bipartisan push in Congress looks to replace Confederate statue in Washington with one of John Lewis