EVERGREEN, Ala. (WKRG) – UPDATE: (2:36 p.m.) -Michael Mitchell has pled not guilty to the capital murder charges. He entered a not guilty plea by reason of mental disease or defect.
His next court date has not been set.
The man suspected of shooting and killing a pregnant woman inside an Evergreen grocery store is due back in court Friday morning.
Michael Mitchell is accused of killing Lavon McCreary inside of the Pic-N-Sav store on Highway 31 in front of their two children.
News 5’s Blake Brown has been following the case from the very beginning and was in court last month when surveillance video was played for attorneys, showing the moments leading up the shooting.
We’re told the arraignment will take place this morning at 9 a.m. at the Conecuh County Courthouse.
We will update this story later today.
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- “Amazing little town.” Film shot in Fairhope debuts Friday, city gets Hollywood shout-on on national TV
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- Healthcare Workers Discuss Their Experiences With Moderna Vaccine