Update (9:49AM)– Mobile Police Department released statement on what happened Friday morning.
Statement from Chief of Police Lawrence Battiste
“We are mourning the death of one of our brothers in blue today. Our law enforcement family has lost Officer Justin Carmen early this morning to a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Officer Carmen was 29 years old. He had served with the Mobile Police Department since March 2018. We ask for the community’s prayers and support for Officer Carmen’s family during this time of loss as well as his police family as they come to terms with his sudden death.”
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile police are investigating near Florida Street and Emogene Street. That is near Catholic Social Services. Crime scene tape has been placed near the area. Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste will offer an update later this morning.
- 9-year-old Florida boy saves dad who fractured neck in diving accident
- Newsfeed Now: Justice during a pandemic; beer movement goes national
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Tennessee Family celebrates grandmother battling COVID-19
- WATCH LIVE: Senator Doug Jones, UA economist to provide COVID-19 crisis updates