Update (9:49AM)– Mobile Police Department released statement on what happened Friday morning.
Statement from Chief of Police Lawrence Battiste
“We are mourning the death of one of our brothers in blue today. Our law enforcement family has lost Officer Justin Carmen early this morning to a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Officer Carmen was 29 years old. He had served with the Mobile Police Department since March 2018. We ask for the community’s prayers and support for Officer Carmen’s family during this time of loss as well as his police family as they come to terms with his sudden death.”
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile police are investigating near Florida Street and Emogene Street. That is near Catholic Social Services. Crime scene tape has been placed near the area. Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste will offer an update later this morning.
- Suspect caught on camera trying to break into cars near Mullet Point
- House Democrats, White House lay out arguments before trial
- Washington County woman killed in single-vehicle crash
- Police: 14-year-old girl uses Snapchat to escape her kidnappers
- 50-yard-line mass baptism prompts complaint in Alabama town