(CNN) – John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount – which produced the film – to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Alabama’s Constitutional Amendments 2020: Amendment Four, Cleaning up the Constitution
- Twitter removes 130 accounts for trying to ‘disrupt the public conversation’ during debate
- Waterfront Rescue Mission closed, making repairs after Hurricane Sally
- Two tropical waves could develop in the Caribbean this weekend and early next week
- Pettaway scores 5 to earn Zaxby’s Player of Week