PASCAGOULA, Miss. (AP) – Jimmy Buffett, Mac McAnally and the late B.B. King are among the latest inductees to the Mississippi Songwriters Hall of Fame. This year’s ceremony was held online instead of in-person because of concerns about the coronavirus pandemic.
Buffett is famous for hits including “Margaritaville” and “Cheeseburger in Paradise.” He is a native of Pascagoula, Mississippi. In a recorded message, Buffett said Mississippi had an impact on the the songs he has written. The Mississippi Songwriters Alliance sponsors the Hall of Fame.
- Orange Beach High School principal on administrative leave
- LIVE: Alabama COVID-19 vaccination update
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- 1 of 3 Missouri jail escapees arrested in New Mexico
- BREAKING: Baseball legend and Mobile native Hank Aaron dies at 86