PASCAGOULA, Miss. (AP) – Jimmy Buffett, Mac McAnally and the late B.B. King are among the latest inductees to the Mississippi Songwriters Hall of Fame. This year’s ceremony was held online instead of in-person because of concerns about the coronavirus pandemic.
Buffett is famous for hits including “Margaritaville” and “Cheeseburger in Paradise.” He is a native of Pascagoula, Mississippi. In a recorded message, Buffett said Mississippi had an impact on the the songs he has written. The Mississippi Songwriters Alliance sponsors the Hall of Fame.
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Police searching for missing Indiana children who may be in Montgomery area
- Patchy fog, partly cloudy afternoon