SPARTA, Ill. (CNN) — Four months…41 rolls of duct tape… and one COVID-themed prom dress. Eighteen-year-old Peyton Manker from Illinois made a prom dress entirely out of duct tape for a scholarship contest.
Unfortunately, her prom was canceled because of the COVID-19 outbreak, but Manker used that as her inspiration. Manker even made accessories, like an anklet saying, “This too shall pass” and a “Flatten the curve” face mask.
Here is a link to the scholarship contest. You can also view other submissions.
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Scattered storms likely for the rest of the week, Drier pattern next week
- Marty Stuart, Hank Williams Jr., Dean Dillon to be inducted into Country Music Hall of Fame
- $500 million expansion at the AM/NS Calvert Mill
- Tropical Depression Eleven slow to organize, Expected to become Josephine