FOLEY, Ala. – (WKRG) Cecil Wyatt survived Hurricane Sally hunkered down in her home without a roof for four hours as the Category 2 hurricane pounded the house with strong wind and heavy rain.
The roof on Wyatt’s house in downtown Foley was blown off in the early morning hours of the storm, but with nowhere to go, Wyatt rode out the storm with only the walls around her.
“Trees falling all over the place. House flooded out. It was a nightmare. Praying for better days,” Wyatt told WKRG News 5.
- Oklahoma twins’ TikTok election video gets millions of views
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Zeta crashes onshore in storm-weary Louisiana
- Challengers face uphill battle in Democratic stronghold of South Texas border
- Twitter, Google, Facebook CEOs face questions on content monitoring policies