BILOXI, Miss. (WKRG) — There is a new record for Mississippi anglers to be jealous of, Yellowfin Tuna.
Michael McElroy III of Hattiesburg caught a Tuna weighing in at 236 pounds, 9.6 ounces. The report from the Commission of Marine Resources says McElroy used conventional tackle.
The previous record was set in 2001 by Robert Landingham with a fish weighing 205 pounds, 12.8 ounces.
- Hawaii to allow some registered nurses to perform abortions
- White Claw launching high-alcohol hard seltzer for summer
- NFL to restrict employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccine without ‘bona fide’ grounds
- ‘Prime suspect’ arrested in 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart
- Antonio Lang pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to life for the death of DeLauna Anderson