BERLIN (AP) – German prosecutors have opened an investigation into whether a 43-year-old who has emerged as a possible suspect in the disappearance of British girl Madeleine McCann in Portugal may have been involved in a similar crime in Germany. Prosecutors in the northern German town lf Stendal told the dpa news agency Friday they have opened a preliminary investigation to determine whether there was anything to link the suspect to the 2015 disappearance of a 5-year-old girl McCann was 3 at the time of her disappearance in Portugal’s Algarve region in 2007. The suspect is now in prison in Germany.
- ‘Motorcyclists have got common sense:’ Myrtle Beach Bike Week kicks off, thousands expected
- Clergyman and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Summertime pattern continues through the week
- Squirrel tests positive for bubonic plague in Colorado
- Woman’s father at William F. Green Veterans home, opens up about concerns regarding new COVID-19 cases