PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A woman convicted of aggravated animal cruelty was sentenced to seven years in prison Thursday.
Truth Rack, 21, was sentenced by Circuit Judge Michael Flowers on 10 counts of aggravated animal cruelty.
Prosecutors say in March, the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office discovered deceased animals located on Rack’s property, including dogs, cats, and rabbits in various states of decomposition.
The state attorney’s office says, based on evidence, medical experts concluded the animals passed away due to malnourishment.
Rack later admitted that she was responsible for the animals and their deaths.
Following her prison sentence, she will have 10 years of probation. Rack will also not be allowed to own any animals.
- Dauphin Island Mayor: Red Cross providing free lunches Friday
- City of Fairhope confirms power restored to Thomas Hospital
- Week 2 Preview: Saints vs Raiders
- Riviera Utilities reports progress in power restoration
- Governor awards $2.6 million in grants for emergency housing needs