NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) – A Florida Walmart has been evacuated after a person was found inside the crawl space above its ceiling.
News outlets report the New Port Richey store was evacuated Tuesday morning as Pasco County deputies worked to get the person out. A sheriff’s statement says the person appeared to be under the influence of an unknown substance.
Deputies say they used a stun gun while getting the person out of the crawl space. It’s unclear if the person was shocked with the weapon.
An investigation is ongoing. Authorities didn’t immediately release details on the involved person, including their gender or whether they suffered any injuries. It’s unclear how long the evacuation lasted.
- Here’s when you can see the ‘Christmas Star’ for the first time in 800 years
- Teacher wins 2-year, rent-free lease in Kansas City luxury apartment
- US adds 245,000 jobs as virus threatens the economy’s slow comeback
- Trooper-shooting suspect killed in NY shootout with US marshals
- Texas high school football player attacks referee