TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Sen. Rick Scott of Florida is injecting himself into the 2020 presidential race, airing an attack ad in Iowa days ahead of that state’s crucial caucus.
In his ad, Scott criticizes the Democratic-led impeachment trial against President Donald Trump and accuses former Vice President Joe Biden of corruption. The ad buy by the wealthy and politically ambitious Republican U.S. Senator isn’t just a volley into the current race but also further signals his own presidential ambitions for 2024.
As a U.S. senator and former governor of Florida, Scott would have instant name recognition in his crucial battleground home state.
- Get Prepared for the Season with the 2020 News 5 Hurricane Resource Guide
- Fire officials in Mobile on scene of possible on Esplanade Ave.
- VIDEO: Massive police presence on Airport at I-65
- Shots fired near Walmart and Lowe’s on Beltline in Mobile
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured