TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Sen. Rick Scott of Florida is injecting himself into the 2020 presidential race, airing an attack ad in Iowa days ahead of that state’s crucial caucus.
In his ad, Scott criticizes the Democratic-led impeachment trial against President Donald Trump and accuses former Vice President Joe Biden of corruption. The ad buy by the wealthy and politically ambitious Republican U.S. Senator isn’t just a volley into the current race but also further signals his own presidential ambitions for 2024.
As a U.S. senator and former governor of Florida, Scott would have instant name recognition in his crucial battleground home state.
- Warm afternoon, Unsettled week ahead
- LIVE: Trump to speak at CPAC in first post-White House appearance
- Greater Huntsville Humane Society adding sanctuary for cats with leukemia and immunodeficiency
- Pet hospice services help manage pain, anxiety and tough decisions in final days
- Why you should stop waiting to sell your home