ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) – As coronavirus cases surge in hard-hit Florida, so do the turnaround times for test results. The reasons are many. Often it has to do with lab staffing, backlogs or equipment shortages. Sometimes tests are done in house, while other tests are sent to labs out of state. But there’s one place in Central Florida where people are being tested and getting results within a day: the NBA. Basketball players, team staff, news media and anyone else inside the “bubble” at the practice compound at Walt Disney World are tested daily. This rankles some in Central Florida, who wonder why local, state and federal leaders can’t coordinate large-scale, organized testing, but the NBA can.
- Sen. Doug Jones responds to President Trump’s executive orders
- South Alabama’s quarterbacks grateful for chance to compete this fall
- Emmanuel Sanders eyeing another Super Bowl victory
- Back to School giveaway honoring coach “Mack” McCall
- MFRD say 4-year-old boy found unconscious in pool