BILOXI, Miss. (WKRG) — A Florida man and woman were arrested after a pursuit that began in Mississippi and ended in Alabama. Willie Byrd, 23, and Ashley Hurd, 20, were reportedly in a stolen truck driving eastbound on I-10. The pursuit began after a traffic stop with the truck.
Biloxi police confirm during the pursuit shots were fired from the truck. After the truck passed the Alabama border Hurd and Byrd ran on foot. Both Byrd and Hurd are from Pensacola.
The two were then caught and placed into custody. Hurd was charged with Possession of Stolen Property and Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer. Byrd was charged with
Possession of Stolen Property, Felony Eluding, and Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer. Byrd was also a wanted fugitive by the state of Florida.
- 92-year-old Denver woman in need of place to live after eviction
- Gov. Reeves extends statewide mask mandate, issues K-12 extracurricular limitations
- Healthcare expert suggests growing demand for front office employees
- Thanksgiving dinner flavored candy corn now available at Walgreens
- Sturgis Rally: 55-year-old woman killed in motorcycle vs. calf crash