(WKRG) — Florida Congressman Matt Gaetz weighed in on a controversial video showing armed homeowners pointing guns at protesters as they marched to the home of St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson’s home.
In Joe Biden’s America your job is illegal, you are locked in your home, borders don’t exist, MS-13 lives next door and the police aren’t coming when the mob arrives.Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz
This is all of us.
The couple pointed guns at protesters in St. Louis, Missouri, as the group marched toward the mayor’s home, demanding her resignation after she publicly read the names and addresses of several residents who supported defunding the police department.
A social media video showed the armed couple standing outside their home Sunday evening, shouting at protesters, while people in the march urged the crowd to ignore them. Protesters were heading toward Mayor Lyda Krewson’s home, chanting, “Resign Lyda, take the cops with you.”
Resignation demands come after a Facebook live briefing, where Krewson read the names and addresses of several residents who wrote letters to the mayor suggesting she defund the police. Krewson apologized, stating she didn’t “intend to cause distress.”
- UPDATE: House fire confirmed on Perdido Street, Escambia County, no injuries
- Matthew Wolff shoots 64 to take Rocket Mortgage Classic lead
- Afternoon thunderstorms, wet week ahead
- Case of rare brain-eating amoeba found in Hillsborough County
- 1 of 2 protesters hit by driver on Seattle freeway dies