MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) – The country’s top infectious diseases experts says states like Alabama have a window of opportunity to bring coronavirus cases under control, and spoke in favor of state and local requirements to wear masks in public.
Dr Anthony Fauci said Tuesday that the United States is in the midst of a resurgence of new coronavirus cases, sometimes seeing daily cases almost double over the country’s previous high. The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Diseases says state and local mandates to wear face coverings in public are beneficial to avoid sending mixed signals on the helpfulness of masks.
- Bars and nightclubs in Tijuana demand permission to reopen
- Report: More women and Americans becoming crime victims in Mexico
- Alabama League of Municipalities call for changes to monuments law
- Twin YouTube stars charged after Uber driver held at gunpoint during fake bank robbery
- Bipartisan push in Congress looks to replace Confederate statue in Washington with one of John Lewis