MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile police have captured a notorious robbery suspect who once taunted law enforcement on social media claiming he could not be caught.
Darius Thames, 25, was booked into Mobile Metro Jail around 2 a.m. after leading Mobile police on a chase.
Thames, who calls himself “Etoe Da Shooter”, is charged with two counts of robbery, receiving stolen property, criminal mischief and attempting to elude police.
Police say Thames robbed a man as the victim was getting into his car in the Dairy Queen parking lot on Spring Hill Avenue at 2 a.m. on Sunday.
In 2017, a very talkative Thames was arrested on two robbery charges. News 5 was there as police escorted him to a patrol car. According to court records, the 2017 charges were dropped.
Thames was also arrested in 2016, 2013 and 2012, according to jail records.
- ALEA: Late Sunday Fatal Crash Mobile County
- Report: Big 10 cancels football season
- Florida hospital loses body of newborn baby, lawsuit says
- Scuffles erupt outside California church holding indoor service without masks, despite judge’s ban
- Roadside sign helps connect two internet lovebirds in Fairhope