MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile police have captured a notorious robbery suspect who once taunted law enforcement on social media claiming he could not be caught.
Darius Thames, 25, was booked into Mobile Metro Jail around 2 a.m. after leading Mobile police on a chase.
Thames, who calls himself “Etoe Da Shooter”, is charged with two counts of robbery, receiving stolen property, criminal mischief and attempting to elude police.
Police say Thames robbed a man as the victim was getting into his car in the Dairy Queen parking lot on Spring Hill Avenue at 2 a.m. on Sunday.
In 2017, a very talkative Thames was arrested on two robbery charges. News 5 was there as police escorted him to a patrol car. According to court records, the 2017 charges were dropped.
Thames was also arrested in 2016, 2013 and 2012, according to jail records.
- Babysitter accidentally shot 10-year-old boy while taking selfies with gun, police say
- College athlete compensation passes final Senate committee
- FDA issues warning to Jimmy John’s over safety violations
- Coronavirus: What Alabama health officials want you to know
- Classmates, neighbors in mourning after bullied 12-year-old NC girl commits suicide