LOS ANGELES (WKRG) — The team doctor for the Los Angeles Chargers accidentally punctured starting QB Tyrod Taylor’s lung, ESPN reported on Wednesday.
The pain-killer injection on Sunday was meant to help with Taylor’s cracked ribs. Taylor was hospitalized after he began struggling to breathe, leading to rookie Justin Herbert starting his first NFL game against the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs won the game 23-20.
The ESPN report says the NFL Players Association is investigating.
- “It’s opened up a whole new world for him”: 11-month-old Virginia boy hears music for the first time
- Man accused of killing mother and children found dead in St. Louis
- Maia Chaka becomes NFL’s first Black female official
- Skier survives backcountry avalanche by jumping off 100-foot cliff
- Newsfeed Now: Police reform debate heads to Senate, kidnapped Louisiana boys found in Florida